LL - Fight the Power! LL - Fight the Power!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH

LeafLock responds:

/salute

Resident Evil SARS Part 3 Resident Evil SARS Part 3

Good job

I dig the voice acting quality. Makes up for the inconsistently-decent animation.

For some reason, I started cracking up when Enrico got shot, and didn't really stop for a while. Good job.

Madness Test Fight Madness Test Fight

heh

Wasn't the best, but the animation was smooth. And sorta like the early Krinkels, only weapons falling out of the air is a bit cheap. :P

Would've been a ten if the flying Spartan head had come back, though...

garbiPK responds:

thanks bro :)

Alice is Dead - Ep 1 Alice is Dead - Ep 1

You know..

This made me feel really, really bad for Alice. :( But, nevertheless, it was short but definitely a very well-done adventure, and I was, for all intents and purposes, glued to the screen until I finished it. Very immersive, and the music definitely made it that much eerier. Imagine if Alice spent every one of her last days with that song playing...

(Although, there is a bug where the 'click' of changing the numbers on the briefcase halts all the other sounds, and the music stops. That made me sad. :( )

Word Invaders Word Invaders

Nice.

Nice and clean with no tacky colours, no cheesy graphics. Runs well.

PROS:
+2.00 - Nifty and catchy
+2.00 - No obvious bugs, game works well
+1.00 - I like these sorts of games

CONS:
-0.00 - ...what cons?

OVERALL:
5 of 5, objective
9 of 10, subjective

COMMENTS:
No comments or suggestions - looks fine the way it is.

CuteRollers CuteRollers

Average

PROS:
= Interesting game angle, haven't really seen it before (+3)
= Gameplay's solid, no obvious glitches (+3)
= I like it (+1)
= It entertains me (+1)
CONS:
= I'm easily entertained (-1)
= Unfinished/buggy? (-3)

OVERALL:
3/5, 5/10. Not bad, not great. Average.

SUGGESTIONS:
= More characters, of course
= Larger map?
= Obstacles, debris flying across the screen?
= Powerups - friction pills? temporary bumpers (character bounces off the edges instead of dying)?
= Special abilities - Ghosty being able to temporarily slip through obstacles or debris, or Muncher being able to eat debris but lose points for it?

Fragile Balance Fragile Balance

Rather nifty

It took me a listen or two, but I really enjoyed this. Like a lot of your work it's the kind of music that doesn't push itself out of the background but makes the feet tap, plus the distant chords way off in the background give it a really good open feeling. The raw, unprocessed sound makes it better, somehow -- I wouldn't expect it to, but it's a refreshing change. I don't think a lot of people on NGA use hardware synthesizers.

The start is indeed a little bit dodgy, since you have occasional tempo which are most noticeable when your synth plays along with the piano. The occasional off-tempo note and the mono-channel sound are obvious complaints, but your soundcard's FUBAR, so I can understand that. I didn't really like the ending, though... it seemed to drop off too soon and the melody went a little haywire. (Was that intended?)

Also re: your sound card issues, Amazon.co.uk seems to have decent prices on the M-Audio you were considering.

...you wouldn't happen to be interested in some sort of collab, would you?

BatesyBates responds:

Yeah, a lot of problems in my studio at the moment :D I haven't been making music too long though, and as you said soundcard FUBAR :P hopefully whenever I finally get this M-Audio, I will be able to address some issues. And yes, I would be interested in a collab, that sounds great! :D

Up and Awake Up and Awake

Sounds pretty good

Sounds pretty good, except it's kinda... panned to the left. <.<

Neat song though. Makes good background music -- kinda mesmerizing.

BatesyBates responds:

Yeah, trust me I have no idea what is up with that. If I use the lead from the synth straight into the pc its only on the left speakers so I ran it through my amplifier into the pc and this is the best I could get. Thanks for the nice comment :D

_/Fly Away\_ _/Fly Away\_

Great

I was going to say I could think of no complaints, because I love the tune, the beat is good, the presentation and clarity are excellent, and it's a beautiful song. The only downside is the Gold Saw and the bell Sytrus presets kinda grate just a bit.

Other than that, really, I can think of no complaints. I 4'd it earlier, when I saw it on the new submissions list, but then I listened to it for a few hours and it's definitely 5-worthy. Excellent job.

ShootingStar responds:

Thanks for the review!!!
I'll keep in mind about the gold saw!

ShootingStar